Middle Seat is a digital consulting firm founded by former Bernie 2016 digital and organizing staff. We work with campaigns, nonprofits, advocacy organizations and causes on the front lines of racial justice, climate action, privacy and tech policy, immigration rights, and economic justice. We’re looking for a full-time digital coordinator with a few years experience in the field to take on the challenge of managing advertising campaigns.
Why Middle Seat
- Competitive salaries and great benefits
- We only work for progressive organizations, candidates, and causes
- We’re a proudly unionized team — part of the Campaign Workers Guild
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing operation
- Runs ad campaigns and supports ads team: takes first pass at writing content, reviews (spell check, policy check) staff content, coordinates with other Middle Seat departments to make product pieces are moving forward for ad campaigns, gathers and compiles data for reports
- Sets up and reviews ad campaigns – on all platforms (Facebook, Linked) and begins to think strategically about campaign goals
- Begins to learn best practices for direct donate, acquisition and persuasion campaigns; learns which tests to run and how to read results; begins thinking about ads campaigns as they integrate into an entire digital program and into an organization’s mission; and begins to give strategic feedback and ideas
- Assists with A/B testing everything — content, design, targeting, landing page, etc.
- Interest in working on advertising campaigns in major platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Adwords, Trade Desk, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive politics
- Attention to detail and organization while managing tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Project management skills – reliably stays on top of multiple projects, anticipates obstacles, engages the appropriate team members when necessary, receives goals and sets up processes to achieve them
- Responsible & proactive with assigned tasks – completes tasks on time or ahead of their due date. Consistently looks for opportunities to better campaigns with ideas and has a can-do and creative approach to client work
- Able to work extended hours when needed. Comfortable being available for urgent client requests outside of normal business hours
Strongly preferred but not required
- Agency or campaign experience
- Past experience working in digital ads
- Knowledge of different CRMs (Action Kit, BSD, Action Network, NGP, etc.)
Salary, Benefits, and Middle Seat Mantra
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. The salary for this particular position is $45,000 to $60,000, dependent on relevant experience. Middle Seat offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including benefits for: medical, vision, dental, retirement, and commuting.
We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.