Middle Seat is a digital consulting firm that works with some of the biggest names in progressive politics. We work with campaigns, nonprofits, advocacy organizations and causes on the front lines of racial justice, climate action, privacy and tech policy, immigration rights, and economic justice. We’re looking for a creative self-starter to join our team as a paid email intern.
What’s the role involve?
As an intern at Middle Seat, you’ll work with the email team in our Washington, DC office by writing emails, working in CRM platforms to code emails for launch, pulling together reports, analyzing email performance, and handling some administrative tasks.
This role is for you if:
- You’re excited by the idea of working for uber-progressive clients doing great work on the ground
- You enjoy the idea of testing different creative options and analyzing performance data of each testing variant
- You’re technically adept and pick up new tools easily
- You’re a senior or in your last year of an undergraduate program or a recent grad
It would be nice if you:
- Have a background in email, particularly for fundraising
- Know the basics of HTML coding
- Have some experience with an email platform
- Have worked on a political campaign
- Are a fantastic writer with great attention to detail
And it’s essential that you:
- Are committed to working for progressive political candidates and causes
- Are a team player
- Have full-time or near full-time availability
We’re a small firm with employee wellness and growth at heart. Think you’d like to join us? To apply, please click here to complete your application. We offer a salary of $20/hr, as well as a commuter stipend, with the potential for post-graduate employment for the right candidates. This position is not part of the union bargaining unit.
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.