Middle Seat is a digital consulting firm founded by former Bernie 2016 digital and organizing staff. We work with campaigns, nonprofits, advocacy organizations and causes on the front lines of racial justice, climate action, privacy and tech policy, immigration rights, and economic justice. We’re looking for a digital strategist with a few years experience in the field to take on the challenge of managing and developing grassroots email fundraising programs.
Why Middle Seat
- Competitive salaries and great benefits
- We only work for progressive organizations, candidates, and causes
- We’re a proudly unionized team — part of the Campaign Workers Guild
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing operation
- Develop fundraising digital advocacy plans and strategies for our clients
- Conceptualize and write compelling email content around advocacy and fundraising asks
- Analyze metrics and report back to clients on fundraising performance, best practices, and test results.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact with clients. Take part in brainstorms, team meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Develop monthly content calendars and goals for clients.
- A/B test everything you do — arguments, contents, and style.
- Produce ActBlue fundraising pages and tests
- Code (HTML, basic CSS), produce, target and test email communications
- Use multiple different CRMs to run email programs (BSD, Action Network, Convio/Luminate, NationBuilder, MailChimp, etc.)
- Train and assist junior-level email staff
- 2+ year(s) working on digital campaigns and with major CRMs
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive politics
- Enthusiasm for data, testing, and pushing the boundaries of digital advocacy
- Creative writing chops
- Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS for email templating
- Familiarity with political and fundraising best practices
- Attention to detail
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. The salary for this particular position is $60,000 to $75,000, dependent on relevant experience. Middle Seat offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including benefits for: medical, vision, dental, retirement, and commuting.
We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.
To apply, please reach out directly to us ([email protected]) with a resume and examples of past work.