Middle Seat is a digital consulting firm founded by former Bernie 2016 digital and organizing staff. We work with campaigns, nonprofits, advocacy organizations and causes on the front lines of racial justice, climate action, privacy and tech policy, immigrant rights, and economic justice. We’re looking for a full-time graphic designer with experience creating art for the web and print.
Why Middle Seat
- Competitive salaries and great benefits
- We only work for progressive organizations, candidates, and causes
- We’re a proudly unionized team — part of the Campaign Workers Guild
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing operation
- Work with clients to assess their needs and style requirements
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Digital advertisements
- Print (flyers, literature, mailers, etc)
- Web graphics
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
- Amend final designs to clients comments and gain full approval
- Work as part of a team with digital strategists, developers, and client representatives
- Background in graphic design — including a portfolio of your work
- Comfort with standard design software including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive politics
- Attention to detail and organization while managing tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Enjoy working with a team but also a self starter who will take projects to the next level
- Able to work extended hours when needed. Comfortable being available for urgent client requests outside of normal business hours
Strongly preferred but not required
- Experience working with multiple clients or at a consulting firm
- Experience designing websites, landing pages, splash pages, and web elements
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS for translating art into code
- Experience designing logos
- Experience with Sketch, Invision
- Experience editing video content
- Experience with animated GIFs
Salary, Benefits, and Middle Seat Mantra
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. The salary for this particular position is $45,000 to $60,000, dependent on relevant years of experience. Middle Seat offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including benefits for: medical, vision, dental, retirement with 5% match, and commuting.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.