Want to break into digital? Get your start with us. Middle Seat is a digital consulting firm founded by former Bernie 2016 digital and organizing staff. We work with campaigns, nonprofits, advocacy organizations and causes on the front lines of racial justice, climate action, privacy and tech policy, immigration rights, and economic justice. We’re looking for a creative self-starter to join our team as a paid digital advertising intern for Summer 2020.
What’s the role involve?
As an intern at Middle Seat, you’ll work with the advertising team at our office in our Washington, DC U Street NW office by trafficking ads, writing petitions, pulling together reports, analyzing ads performance, and handling some administrative tasks.
This role is for you if:
- You’re excited by the idea of working for uber-progressive clients doing great work on the ground
- You enjoy the idea of testing different creative options and analyzing performance data of each testing variant
- You’re technically adept and pick up new tools easily
- You’re a senior or in your last year of an undergraduate program or a recent grad
It would be nice if you:
- Have a background in social media management or digital advertising
- Have some experience with basic graphic design
- Have worked on a political campaign
- Have some experience in Facebook Business Manager and Google Adwords
- Are a fantastic writer
And it’s essential that you:
- Are committed to working for left-of-the-left political candidates and causes
- Are a team player
- Have full-time or near full-time availability
We’re a small firm with employee wellness and growth at heart. Think you’d like to join us? To apply, please click here to complete your application. We offer a salary of $20/hr with the potential for post-graduate employment for the right candidates.
We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.