Middle Seat is a digital consulting firm founded by former Bernie 2016 digital and organizing staff. We work with campaigns, nonprofits, advocacy organizations and causes on the front lines of racial justice, climate action, privacy and tech policy, immigration rights, and economic justice. We’re looking for a full-time senior advertising strategist with a few years experience in the field to take on the challenge of managing advertising campaigns.
Why Middle Seat
- Competitive salaries and great benefits
- We only work for progressive organizations, candidates, and causes
- We’re a proudly unionized team — part of the Campaign Workers Guild
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing operation
- Superb project manager: can easily manage 3-4 large clients as lead strategist; works collaboratively with assigned ads staffers on accounts
- Effective leader and communicator: can communicate best practices, strategies and plans/goals easily to clients and staff
- Run digital ads campaigns from start to finish: budget campaigns, write content, lead designers on creative, optimize pages for conversions, implement & test ad campaigns on multiple platforms, and optimize campaign toward client goals
- Proficient in best practices and political ad strategies: for direct donate, acquisition and persuasion campaigns; tests ads and reports results effectively and without errors; works with the email fundraising team to integrate ads fully and into an organization’s mission; provides strategic ideas and leads conversations comfortably on ad practices and tactics; is up to and stays up to date on all persuasion, voter reg and GOTV studies
- Analyzes and reports back campaign metrics to clients comfortably and without errors
- Leads ads team & fuller staff in ads trainings in all core best practices and platforms
- 3+ years working on advertising campaigns with major platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Adwords, Reddit, etc.)
- 3+ years experience working with Facebook Business Manager, Google Search & Twitter Ads
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive politics
- Attention to detail and organization while managing tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Comfortable managing a client relationship from start to finish
- Comfortable with different email CRMs to run acquisition campaigns (Action Kit, BSD, Action Network, etc.)
Strongly preferred but not required
- Agency experience
- Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS for landing page templating
Salary, Benefits, and Middle Seat Mantra
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. The salary for this particular position is $70,000 to $85,000, dependent on relevant experience. Middle Seat offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including benefits for: medical, vision, dental, retirement, and commuting.
We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.