Middle Seat is a brand new progressive digital consulting firm founded by former Bernie 2016 digital and organizing staff. We work with exciting campaigns, nonprofits, advocacy organizations and causes. We’re looking for someone who can’t pass up a puzzle, is always learning something new, and whose idea of a good time might include building a Python-based dice rolling simulator. You’ll be on a supportive, tight-knit team doing work in tandem with organizers fighting for racial, environmental, economic and social justice.
Why Middle Seat?
- Competitive salaries and great benefits
- We only work for progressive organizations, candidates, and causes
- We’re a proudly unionized team — part of the Campaign Workers Guild
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing operation
- Build dynamic themes for content management systems like WordPress, NationBuilder and ActionKit
- Manage servers and databases
- Assist team members in launching petition pages alongside email campaigns
- Work with clients to understand their web needs and develop sites to fulfill them
- Visually mockup wireframes and basic landing pages
- Provide occasional tech support for the team
- Create, refine and organize media assets
- Experience with content management systems, esp. WordPress
- Understanding of best web and coding practices
- Experience with PHP, Django, or Liquid
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite
- Comfort with the command line, git and Linux-based OS
- Top notch organizational and task keeping skills
- Full time availability preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive politics
- Knowledge of basic video editing and graphic design
- Attention to detail
We’re a small firm with employee wellness and growth at heart. Think you’d like to join us?
To apply, please reach out directly to us ([email protected]) with a resume and examples of past work.
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. Middle Seat offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including benefits for: medical, vision, dental, retirement, and commuting.
We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.