Middle Seat is a digital consulting firm founded by former Bernie 2016 digital and organizing staff. We work with campaigns, nonprofits, advocacy organizations and causes on the front lines of racial justice, climate action, privacy and tech policy, immigration rights, and economic justice. We’re looking for a full-time digital strategist with a few years experience in the field to take on the challenge of managing advertising campaigns.
Why Middle Seat
- Competitive salaries and great benefits
- We only work for progressive organizations, candidates, and causes
- We’re a proudly unionized team — part of the Campaign Workers Guild
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing operation
- Run digital ads campaigns from start to finish: budget campaigns, write content, lead designers on creative, optimize pages for conversions, implement & test ad campaigns on multiple platforms, and optimize campaign toward client goals
- Analyze metrics and report back to clients on direct donate, email acquisition and persuasion performance, best practices, test results, and next steps
- Serve as the day-to-day contact with clients. Take part in brainstorms, team meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Develop campaign content calendars, budgets and goals for clients
- A/B test everything you do — content, design, targeting, landing page, etc.
- Supervise junior staff and delegate work as appropriate
- Other responsibilities as requested
- > 2 years working on advertising campaigns with major platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Adwords, Reddit, etc.)
- 2 years experience working with Facebook Business Manager
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive politics
- Attention to detail and organization while managing tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Enjoy working with a team but also a self starter who will take projects to the next level
- Able to work extended hours when needed. Comfortable being available for urgent client requests outside of normal business hours
Strongly Preferred but Not Required
- Agency experience
- Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS for landing page templating
- Knowledge of different CRMs to run acquisition campaigns into (BSD, Action Network, NationBuilder, etc.)
Salary and Benefits
- Salary starts between $60,000 and $75,000
- Profit sharing plan: share in the growth and success of Middle Seat
- $50 mobile phone subsidy monthly
- Regular raises guaranteed by the current union contract
- 100% coverage for health, dental and vision
- Zero deductible health plan
- One Medical health service: video call or chat with doctors, no wait-time appointments
- Health Advocate: 24/7 assistance with navigating health benefits, finding providers through
- 5% employer match on your 401k retirement account
- 20 paid vacation days off, plus your birthday and May Day off
- Unlimited sick leave
- Commuter benefits for public transportation
- Work from home one day per week (after your first six months)
- 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.