Digital Coordinators work on a team running email programs for progressive candidates, political committees, and nonprofits. Email marketing is a growing and in-demand field in the world of progressive politics. This job is an opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of communicating with mass email lists to raise money and recruit volunteers. If you love writing and want to get started in the digital space in progressive politics, keep reading.
Why Middle Seat
- Competitive salaries and great benefits
- We only work for progressive organizations, candidates, and causes
- We’re a proudly unionized team — part of the Campaign Workers Guild
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing operation
- Write compelling emails asking supporters to donate to our clients
- Learns how to use effective theories of change to drive results
- Work with clients to get emails edited, approved, and scheduled
- Code, produce, target and test mass email communications
- Learns basic HTML and CSS as needed to execute email programming
- Use multiple different CRMs to run email programs (ActionKit, BSD, Action Network, NationBuilder, MailChimp, etc.)
- Learns how to use common CRMs
- Analyze metrics and report back to clients on performance, best practices, test results
- Serve as a day-to-day contact with clients.
- Take part in brainstorms, team meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Develop monthly content calendars and goals for clients
- A/B test everything you do
- Produce ActBlue fundraising pages and tests
- Write copy for landing pages
- Assists senior strategists on new CRM and new client setup
- Other responsibilities as requested
- 0-1 years of relevant experience in email fundraising
- Creative writing chops
- Writing is generally error-free with minimal typos or grammatical errors
- Enthusiasm for data and testing fundraising content
- A desire to play a role in fundraising for major political campaigns, nonprofits, and causes
- Attention to detail
Salary and Benefits
- Salary starts between $54,150 to $59,000
- Profit sharing plan: share in the growth and success of Middle Seat
- Mobile phone reimbursement up to $50 per month
- 100% coverage for health, dental and vision
- One Medical health service: video call or chat with doctors, no wait-time appointments
- Health Advocate: 24/7 assistance with navigating health benefits, finding providers through
- 6% employer match on your 401k retirement account
- 20 paid vacation days off, plus your birthday and work anniversary off
- Unlimited sick leave
- Commuter benefits for public transportation
- Office space (WeWork, etc.) stipend for remote employees
- 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
- $100 monthly student loan reimbursement
- $300 monthly mental health reimbursement
- $1,000 annual professional development reimbursement
- This position can be remote or based in Washington, D.C.
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.