Digital Coordinators work on a team running email programs for progressive candidates, political committees, and nonprofits. This job is an opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of communicating with mass email lists to raise money and recruit volunteers. If you love writing and want to get started in the digital space in progressive politics, keep reading.
This role is part of the bargaining unit.
Why Middle Seat
- Competitive salaries and great benefits
- We only work for progressive organizations, candidates, and causes
- We’re a proudly unionized team — part of the Campaign Workers Guild
- Write compelling emails asking supporters to donate to our clients
- Learns how to use effective theories of change to drive results
- Work with clients to get emails edited, approved, and scheduled
- Code, produce, target and test mass email communications
- Learns basic HTML and CSS as needed to execute email programming
- Use multiple different CRMs to run email programs (ActionKit, Action Network, NationBuilder, MailChimp, etc.)
- Learns how to use common CRMs
- Analyze metrics and report back to clients on performance, best practices, test results
- Serve as a day-to-day contact with clients.
- Take part in brainstorms, team meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Develop monthly content calendars and goals for clients
- A/B test everything you do
- Produce ActBlue fundraising pages and tests
- Write copy for landing pages
- Assists senior strategists on new CRM and new client setup
- 0-1 years of relevant experience in email fundraising
- Creative writing chops
- Writing is generally error-free with minimal typos or grammatical errors
- Enthusiasm for data and testing fundraising content
- A desire to play a role in fundraising for major political campaigns, nonprofits, and causes
- Attention to detail
Salary and Benefits
- Salary starts between $56,803.35 and $59,000
- Profit sharing plan: share in the growth and success of Middle Seat
- $50 mobile phone subsidy monthly
- Regular raises
- 100% premium coverage for health, dental, and vision, with deductibles paid on a Middle Seat funded flex card up to $3,000 per individual and $6,000 per family
- $100 monthly student loan reimbursement
- $550 monthly mental health reimbursement
- $1,000 annual professional development reimbursement
- 6% employer match on your 401k retirement account
- 20 paid vacation days off, plus your birthday and work anniversary off
- Unlimited sick leave
- Commuter benefits for public transportation
- Flexible work from home schedule (or work in our D.C. office)
- 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the progressive clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.