Digital Strategists run email programs for progressive candidates, political committees, and nonprofits. Email marketing is a growing and in-demand field in the world of progressive politics. This job is an opportunity to take the lead in running client email programs to raise money and recruit volunteers. We’re looking for self-starters who love to write and follow the news of the day.
Why Middle Seat
- Competitive salaries and great benefits
- We only work for progressive organizations, candidates, and causes
- We’re a proudly unionized team — part of the Campaign Workers Guild
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing operation
- Write compelling emails asking supporters to donate to our clients
- Work with clients to get emails edited, approved, and scheduled
- Code, produce, target and test mass email communications
- Use multiple different CRMs to run email programs (ActionKit, BSD, Action Network, NationBuilder, MailChimp, etc.)
- Analyze metrics and report back to clients on performance, best practices, test results
- Present monthly reports to clients and explain learnings
- Serve as a day-to-day contact with clients.
- Take part in brainstorms, team meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Develop monthly content calendars and goals for clients
- A/B test everything you do
- Produce ActBlue fundraising pages and tests
- Write copy for landing pages
- Occasionally contributes on new client pitches
- Reviews peer work and contributes to junior employee training and development
- Project manages client work with supervisor’s input
- Supports senior strategists and team leadership in on-boarding new clients and new CRMs
- Other responsibilities as requested
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in email fundraising (or similar)
- Works regularly with 1-2 common CRMs or fundraising platforms (ActionKit, ActBlue, Blue State Digital, ActionNetwork, NationBuilder, etc.)
- Ability to learn new tools and CRMs
- Able to manage client projects largely without assistance
- Creative writing chops
- Handle on typical rules of email writing for fundraising
- Understands effective theories of change
- Makes strategic asks
- Majority of writing is free of errors.
- Solid handle on email formatting and writing
- Proficiency with most of the HTML and CSS needed to run email programs
- Enthusiasm for data and testing fundraising content
- A desire to play a role in fundraising for major political campaigns, nonprofits, and causes
- Attention to detail
Salary and Benefits
- Salary starts between $55,000 and $68,000
- Profit sharing plan: share in the growth and success of Middle Seat
- $50 mobile phone subsidy monthly
- Regular raises guaranteed by the current union contract
- 100% coverage for health, dental and vision
- Zero deductible health plan
- One Medical health service: video call or chat with doctors, no wait-time appointments
- Health Advocate: 24/7 assistance with navigating health benefits, finding providers through
- 5% employer match on your 401k retirement account
- 20 paid vacation days off, plus your birthday and May Day off
- Unlimited sick leave
- Commuter benefits for public transportation
- For in-office employees, work from home one day per week (after your first six months)
- 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
This position can be remote or based in Washington, D.C.
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.