Middle Seat is a digital consulting firm founded by former Bernie 2016 digital and organizing staff. We work with campaigns, nonprofits, advocacy organizations and causes on the front lines of racial justice, climate action, privacy and tech policy, immigration rights, and economic justice. We’re looking for a full-time social media intern to work out of our Washington D.C. office who is passionate about social media and the progressive movement and motivated to write content that will be seen by thousands and potentially millions of people on Facebook and Twitter.
- Writing social media content on a daily basis for high-profile progressive Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Keeping up with the latest news and finding articles that would be good to share on platforms
- Following what political accounts are posting about to identify trends and capitalize on big moments.
- Research statistics that would be good to turn into graphics and other digital content.
- Help fill out weekly metrics reports to send to clients.
- Other responsibilities as requested
- Strong writing and grammar skills.
- A passion for social media and progressive politics.
- Ability to think on your feet and respond quickly to breaking news.
- Ambition and creativity to consistently come up with new ideas for engaging social media content.
Strongly Preferred but Not Required
- Basic Graphic Design
- Political social media experience
- Experience with Twitter and Facebook analytics
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.