Want to lead social media, SMS, and digital strategy for progressive candidates and organizations? Social media management and broadcast messaging are both growing and in-demand fields in the world of progressive politics. This job is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a growing team at Middle Seat and take the lead in running client social media & texting programs. We’re looking for self-starters who love to write, raise money online, design graphics, and follow the news of the day.
Why Middle Seat
- Competitive salaries and great benefits
- We only work for progressive organizations, candidates, and causes
- We’re a proudly unionized team — part of the Campaign Workers Guild
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing operation
- Managing and maintaining social media accounts and broadcast messaging programs for 3-4 clients.
- Contribute to follower growth, fundraising, and list building on social media.
- Posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other client social media platforms.
- Maintaining a robust cadence of social media posting that is responsive to breaking news and other major moments.
- Maintaining a consistent posting cadence and schedule for each platform.
- Creating graphics for social media posts.
- Researching issues relevant to our clients in order to identify salient topics and content for social media posts and graphics.
- Remaining plugged in to political news and overall trends in progressive politics and social media.
- Managing and interfacing with clients directly (potentially including Members of Congress and candidates for federal office).
- Pulling, compiling, analyzing, and synthesizing social media and texting performance metrics into reports and presenting to clients.
- Draft copy for fundraising and mobilization through SMS.
- Manage texting production and develop other assets, such as mobile flows, landing pages, donation pages, and more.
- Propose ideas for testing, segmentation, and optimization.
- Develop and implement list growth strategy from start to finish, including managing acquisition buys for phone numbers and budgeting campaigns.
- Assist in project management of P2P texting campaigns as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience in professional social media management (or similar) for major platforms, preferably for political clients
- Previous fundraising experience strongly preferred
- Able to manage client projects largely without assistance
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to write for various social media platforms and adapt to different principals
- Majority of writing is free of errors
- Ability to adapt writing to conform to client voices and perspectives
- A desire to play a role in social media for major political campaigns, nonprofits, and causes
- Attention to detail while managing tight deadlines and multiple content calendars
- Basic graphic design and video editing skills preferred but not required
- Knowledge of ActBlue and various CRMs (Action Kit, BSD, Action Network, NGP, etc.) preferred but not required.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary starts between $55,000 and $68,000
- Profit-sharing plan: share in the growth and success of Middle Seat
- $50 mobile phone subsidy monthly
- Regular raises
- 100% coverage for health, dental and vision
- Zero deductible health plan
- One Medical health service: video call or chat with doctors, no wait-time appointments
- Health Advocate: 24/7 assistance with navigating health benefits, finding providers through
- 5% employer match on your 401k retirement account
- 20 paid vacation days off, plus your birthday and May Day off
- Unlimited sick leave
- 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.